TORONTO DEFIANT X DALLAS FUEL
KICKOFF CLASH GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
May 16th, 2022 – May 20th, 2022
By entering this contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Official Contest Rules. All decisions of OverActive Media (owners of the Toronto Defiant) with respect to any aspect of this contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
Contest sponsor: OverActive Media Corporation, 41 Fraser Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1Y7 (referred to as “Contest Sponsor”, “OverActive Media”, “we”, “our”, “us” in these rules).
- Open to residents of the United States & Canada (excluding Quebec) over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, except employees, representatives, and agents of OverActive Media.
- Contest starts May 16th, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m Eastern Time (“ET”) May 20th, 2022 (the “Contest Period”).
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter during the Contest Period, follow both Toronto Defiant and Dallas Fuel on Twitter, Retweet the post, and tag your duo. You must ensure that your privacy settings are set to allow the post to be publicly viewable. A post during the Contest Period in compliance with these requirements and the rest of these rules constitutes an “Entry”.
- There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) and/or any other means not in keeping with the Contest Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). An Entry may be rejected if, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor: (i) the Entry is not submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Entry Period; and/or (ii) the Entry materials accompanying the Entry are not in compliance with these Rules (including, but not limited to, the specific rules listed below in Rule 8) (all as determined by Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion).
- On the draw date and time for each Round we will randomly select one (1) Entry from among all Entries submitted during that Round (a “Selected Entry”). For clarity, Entries from previous Rounds will not be included in the draw. We will contact the person who submitted the Selected Entry through the social media service through which they entered and ask them to contact us to solve a mathematical skill-testing question. Proof of identification confirming your age and place of residence must be provided upon request. If that Entrant provides a correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question and confirms the request for proof of identification within two (2) business days after we have contacted them (as determined by us), that Entrant will be declared a winner. If we do not receive a response from a Selected Entrant including all required information and a correct answer to the skill-testing question within the allotted time, we reserve the right to void the Selected Entry and draw a new Entry to replace the voided one, repeating this process until we are able to declare a winner for that Round in accordance with these rules. If there are not sufficient entries in any Round to award a Prize, that Round will be forfeited and no Prize will be awarded for that particular Round.
- There is one (1) total prize that will be awarded (each, a “Prize”), and one (1) total winner. The winner will receive one (1) Prize Pack consisting of:
- Two (2) Weekend (Saturday, Sunday) General Admission tickets for Dallas Fuel Kickoff Clash Event in Arlington, Texas on June 2-5
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of a Prize Pack is $260 CAD.
Your chance of winning a Prize is dependent on the number of entries per Round.
Chances of winning depend on the number of Entries received. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, transfer, exchange or assignment. Prizes are non-refundable, not convertible to cash, except in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Contest Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value (based on the ARV of the prize as stated in these Official Contest Rules), including without limitation, a cash award, if the prize or prize component cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The prize winner is solely responsible for all costs associated with accepting the Prize that are not expressly described herein.
- Entries must be submitted from your own personal social media account, must be publicly viewable (not private), and must stay up until the draw date for the round in which it is entered. Entries may not contain any content that is offensive or illegal, as determined in the sole discretion of Contest Sponsor.
- By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) grants to the Contest Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry (and each component thereof) in favour of the Contest Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Contest Sponsor to use such Entry); and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless OverActive Media, its representatives, employees and agents, its partners and sponsors, including specifically Bell Canada and its subsidiaries and affiliates from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her Entry (or any component thereof), including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, changed business objectives or decisions, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any internet connection, computer systems, networks, servers, software, hardware, or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning Entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the social media account through which the Entry was submitted. You are responsible for ensuring that any social media account through which you submit an Entry remains active until the winner is declared, and that it is capable of receiving @replies or direct messages from us.
- For greater certainty, each prize claimant consents to the use of their name, city of residence, likeness, comments, photograph, video or voice, without further compensation, in any future publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsor in connection with the applicable contest.